Friday, February 5, 2010

Chocolate covered peanut butter balls

Last night my boyfriend asked me to think of something fun for us to do, and boy did I do a good job. We made chocolate covered peanut butter balls..YUM! They were so good we were eating the batter before they made it to the fridge!


2 c. creamy or nutty peanut butter (I prefer nutty)
1 c. softened butter
1 lb. powdered sugar (about one bag 500g)
2 c. Rice Krispies cereal
1 tsp. vanilla - I always add a little extra ;)


1 package of chocolate chips (I like to mix half milk chocolate half semi-sweet)

Mix together (takes quite a while and you need some muscle to do it, this is where the bf comes in) roll into small balls and drop onto parchment paper (makes around 75 depending on how big you make them) Refrigerate for 20 min. Melt your chocolate chips on LOW heat in a sauce pan, stirring the whole time (or in microwave on 20sec increments till melted stirring in-between). Take peanut butter balls out of fridge and using a spoon pour globs of chocolate on top. Refrigerate for another 20 min. Then ENJOY :)


Now when I did this I was being impatient and instead of waiting for the chocolate to become totally liquid by melting I added milk - BAD IDEA. Never ever do that! LOL it became one big hard mass of brownie looking chocolate and there was no going back. I had to start all over again.

1 comment: